At Fiber Dry, we believe our proven system of cleaning is just what you need to keep your carpet staying cleaner longer. That is why we apply a family safe Green Protector that ensures your carpet is properly cared for. Carpet Protector gives you extra time to clean up spills and protects your traffic areas from unwanted wear and tear. Protected carpets also allows for a more thorough vacuuming, thus creating a cleaner and healthier environment.
Why You Should Always Have
Carpet Protector Applied to Your Carpet
A nylon stain-resist carpet is made with two protective properties: The first is an acid dye blocker that is basically a clear dye that fills the extra dye sites in a fiber. This helps to keep “foreign” dyes (such as red dye in a beverage) from penetrating the carpet fiber. The second property is called a “fluorochemical” (such as 3M Scotchgard® or DuPont Teflon®). This treatment helps keep spillage from actually getting to the acid dye blocker, but its biggest job is to resist dry soil. By resisting dry soil, less soil bonds to the carpet, therefore being picked up by your vacuum or cleaning. Making sure that you have a sufficient amount of protector on your carpet will help keep the soil from bonding to the carpet. Once it bonds to the carpet, it acts like sandpaper on your traffic area. Once the traffic area yarns are broken down, there is no way to bring them back to their original state.
2 primary ways that factory protector is removed from a carpet…
1. Regular foot traffic. Over a period of 6 months to 2 years depending on the traffic, a significant amount of protector can be removed from your traffic areas and needs to be reapplied.
2. High alkaline cleaner. Carpet cleaners that use harsh chemicals on the carpet will strip it’s protection. If you are unable to get spills out fairly easily after a carpet cleaning, this may be your case and you may want to have the carpet re-protected.
4 Mistakes Other Cleaners Make In Applying Protector
- Not using high quality protector. Discount protectors are not as effective and sometimes void the warranty of the carpet. We use only the highest quality, recommended protectors, safe for the environment and your home.
- Not using a dedicated container. Using the same container for carpet protector as other cleaners can contaminate the carpet protector making it gummy and ineffective. Our vans have a dedicated container reserved ONLY for carpet protector.
- Not applying the product properly. Some cleaners either under apply or over apply the protector. Under applying it doesn’t allow for complete penetration on the carpet yarns. Over applying it causes the carpet to become overly stiff and crusty. Our technicians are diligently trained for proper application.
- Not grooming the carpet. For the best performance, the product should be groomed into the carpet for maximum penetration. This ensures contact with all surfaces of the carpet yarn and proper distribution and drying. Our technicians thoroughly groom the protector into the carpet pile.
5 Reasons You Should Always Get Carpet Protector
- Reduces permanent stains
A great looking carpet can be ruined by an unsightly spot. Unprotected carpet doesn’t repel spillage as well as protected carpet. Being able to remove spots and spills more effectively, you can avoid permanent staining.
- Helps save your traffic areas from becoming destroyed
Traffic area soil is very abrasive and cuts carpet yarns like a knife. This damaging soil can easily get trapped in and bond to an unprotected carpet. By applying protector, you will increase the life of your carpet dramatically. When you vacuum your protected carpet the soils will release from the carpet pile much more freely and effectively.
- Make spots easier to remove
The easier a spot is to remove, the less cleaner you will have to use. The less agitation you will have to use, and the less time it will take. Many spots can be removed easily with just water.
- Makes your next professional cleaning more effective
Having protector applied to your carpet will enhance your next cleaning. More soil will be removed the next time your carpeting is professionally cleaned.
- Helps avoid costly service calls
Although you want to call us out to handle any spot you cannot remove immediately, carpet protector helps you remove more spots than you could without protector. Many of our clients save a minimum charge by removing the spot themselves.